1.28.2007

Obesity News, Medical School Application Video, Thoughts

In some parts of the country it is sunny, in other parts it is icing or snowing, and in my part of the country, being inside of my head, it is foggy. As I attempt to shove more information into my skull, I have a hard time visualizing the other stuff that is already in there.

What percentage of medical students these days go into the field because of the money?
It's not why I am here.

In the United States, we have to go through 4 years of college/university prior to entering medical school. Abroad, such as Brazil or UK, you go straight to medical school from high school/secondary school. Here, medical school is 4 years. There, medical school is 8 years. Which system is better? Any thoughts?
My thought is that I am not using my college degree/concentration in medical school, but I think it did make me into a more "well-rounded" person.


A
GREAT VIDEO ABOUT APPLYING FOR MEDICAL SCHOOL IN THE US




News Stohries of Nowte dedicated to obesity........

(click quotes for stories)

1.
West Virginia to offer free Weight Watchers plan
"
Facing more than $100 million in annual costs linked to obesity, the Medicaid program in one of the country's most overweight states is turning to a familiar name to help residents slim down."

2. UK schools "must tell parents" if children are obese
"
Primary schools should inform parents if their children are overweight or obese, an influential group of MPs said on Thursday."

3. Obesity may complicate surgery in children
"
A new study suggests that nearly one-third of children undergoing surgery are overweight or obese, placing them at increased risk of experiencing complications associated with the surgery."

4. Diet, exercise take off equal pounds, study finds
"
Eating less and exercising more are equally good at helping take off the pounds, U.S. researchers said Friday in a study that challenges many of the popular tenets of the multibillion dollar diet and fitness industry."

5. From 500 pounds to a new and rewarding life
"
On October 2, 2005, I weighed 500 pounds. I was 34 and had always struggled with my weight, but for 15 years, I had allowed it to get out of control. I ate as if it were my hobby. I was unable to do the simplest physical activity. I made excuses to avoid having to go out in public, for fear of being ridiculed. I tried to hide myself, as if someone so large could actually hide...."

2 comments:

Michelle, Bethany, Zach & James said...

I learned a long time ago that there is no point in being worried about the debt and being poor. It is a fact of life.

Dude, I love the links and videos you find, I even like your stories most of the time, but your comments are so friggin' random sometimes. "brussel sprouts are underrated" or "war for oil can be good and bad." WTF? I'm not trying to diss you, I like your site very much, but you said you wanted feedback. I also thought I'd add some opposing opinions to your other topics, get some debate going on.

Dissertation Writing Help said...

Nicely explained. It's indeed an art to stop new visitors with your attractive writing style. Truly impressive and nice information. Thanks for sharing.