2.22.2007

Britney Spears, BEEF, Foot Massage, and Size Zero Pants


To the AnonymousLawStudent:

a) Who are you and where do you hail from?
b) I don't discuss "Race", for I believe we are all multiracial.

Yesterday I was working with an OB/GYN attending who was 6 months out of residency. While working with her, she told me, "I hate my patients. I hate my practice. I hate my life."
Any thoughts on this??

Going to class isn't always beneficial for me. However, I feel guilty not going because I am paying about $50,000/year to attend these said classes. NOT COOL.

I ate some soup today for lunch. It had chicken, rice, celery, carrots, and LOVE in it. I knew it was going to be good the second it touched my lips.

I feel like the world should leave Britney Spears alone. She is going through some tough times and just wants to be alone with her babies and maybe K-Fed.

Cubicles are really welcoming if you are tired. Other than that, they can be a little bit anti-stimulatory.

HOW COME BEEF IS NO LONGER WHAT'S FOR DINNER, LIKE THE COMMERCIALS USED TO SAY?


Foot Massage Lesson by Health-Choices Holistic Massage School



Foive Pieces of Nehws
(klick quoties for stories)

1.
Natural contraception 'effective'
I BEG TO DIFFER.
"A natural family planning method is as effective as the contraceptive pill, German research suggests. The symptothermal method (STM) assesses fertility levels during the monthly cycle by measuring body temperature, and observing cervical secretions."

2. 'Size zero means clothes now fit me'
SWEET!
"Half of young women say they are unhappy with their bodies, but naturally slim women find the "size zero" debate focuses all eyes on what they eat, says Rebecca Hedges in our Readers' Column."

3.
Sexualisation 'harms' young girls
AGREED.
"The media's portrayal of young women as sex objects harms girls' mental and physical health, US experts warn. Magazines, television, video games and music videos all have a detrimental effect, a task force from the American Psychological Association reported."

4. Executions on Hold in Some States
DOCTORS SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE.
"A legal and ethical bind has brought executions to a halt in North Carolina: A federal judge ruled that a doctor must monitor the condemned for signs of pain. But the state's medical board has threatened to punish any doctor who takes part in an execution."

5. University provides low-calorie cafe to students
FINALLY!
"These days Mean Green means more than the green-jerseyed football team at the University of North Texas. The campus also has a hot new cafeteria called Mean Greens. And as you might suspect, it serves up a lot of green, and otherwise healthy, food."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"if used correctly" is the catch for the natural contraception haha
and yes...there is that pretty link between sexualization, media, weight, and self image issues. i weigh 105 lbs at 5'3 and i feel fat sometimes (and that is why i will stay away from fashion magazines, and go read about the fundamental theorem of calculus instead)
also...seems like ms. ob/gyn chose the wrong path in her life...or having an off day. it's my belief that people should always try their best to find a job they adore, otherwise life will be quite miserable