2.09.2007

My Interview w/ Tiromed.com


This is the beginning of my Interview w/
Tiromed.com. If you like it and/or you want to learn more about Tiromed.com, PLEASE go to their site and check it out! It's a great site for physicians, medical students, premeds, and anyone in the medical field! If you like "student doctor" aka SDN, then you will LOVE this site. If you don't like SDN, you will also probably like this site. It has something for everyone......

Interview with Anonymous, a Med Student Blogger


“The Anonymous Medical Student” is a blog kept by an anonymous medical student somewhere in the world. In terms of blog-life, it is still a baby in age, but is growing fast in the community of blog readers; it received just about 2000 hits in its first month of life! It’s a great blog that offers a potpourri of information, from the personal thoughts of the writer, to interesting website links, to weird and current medical news available from a plethora of different news sites!

TM: What is blogging and why do you blog? What is the future of blogging, in particular, in the medical community?

ANONYMOUS: A blog is essentially an ongoing narrative or monologue. It’s a forum for personal expression, free-writing, art exhibiting, or really whatever the “blog-owner” decides should exist on it. I decided my blog would include my internal monologue, med school videos, random medical news stories, and sometimes my own writings of poetry and the otherwise.

I blog because I like to share what is going on inside of my head. I blog anonymously because it makes things more fun for the readers, for they don’t know where I am, what school I go to, whether I am male or female, what color my hair is, or whether I am right handed or left handed. By being anonymous, it allows the reader to interpret and guess.

TM: Why do you prefer to remain anonymous as a blogger? What precautions do you take, if any, off the web? Do you worry about identity "exposure'? Why?

ANONYMOUS: To be honest, I don’t take enough precautions. I tell some of the same stories I tell on my blog to people at school, but, luckily, only two friends who have sworn to secrecy are the only people at my school who read my blog. Other students at my school don’t read my blog yet because I don’t want them too. You see, I have developed a strategy and formula for how I want to introduce my blog to the people. The formula is a cross between guerilla marketing and P=MD.

TM: Who is your ideal reader, and what are you looking for from them?

ANONYMOUS: My ideal reader is alive. That’s it. He/She/It doesn’t necessarily need to be associated with the medical profession because my blog is very easy to relate to and very easy to read. I like to say that my blog is “for the people”.


tiromed.com - - - - - CHECK IT OUT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice spam. Good try.