2.08.2007

Vomit at NY Fashion Week and Integrative Medicine

Sinus Pressure - check.
Hives - check.
Fever - check.
Muscle Aches - check.

I have a hole in the pocket of a pair of my dress pants. I know this because yesterday, while I was working with a Gynecologist, a bunch of coins fell through the hole, down my leg and landed (and rolled) on the floor, making a bunch of klink-klank noises, just when the Dr. was talking to the patient about how her post-menopausal bleeding might be because of Endometrial Cancer. That was awkward.

If you are interested in Integrative Medicine, The University of Arizona now offers a Fellowship in Integrative Medicine. Click Here For More.

Click here for a good resource on Clinical Medicine....


Mr. Always prepared for Everything Guy.



News Stories

(click quotes for stories)

1. Medical Student Tries to Attack Family with Meat Cleaver
"Members of an Albany family say they don't feel safe in their own home after a man came to their door, forced his way into the house and tried to attack them with a meat cleaver."

2. Sleep pillow plus exercise best for neck pain
"Sleeping with a neck support pillow and doing neck exercises can help ease chronic neck pain, Canadian researchers report"

3. Connecticut AG investigates Enviga drink
"Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal said Monday his office was launching an investigation into a new soft drink, which claims to contain "calorie-burning" ingredients. The green tea drink Enviga, which is launching nationwide this month, claims that a consumer can burn calories by drinking 3 cans of the caffeinated beverage daily."

4. Satisfaction guaranteed: How certain foods help you feel full
"It's a complex sequence of events that starts with the eyes, the mouth, the stomach, and the gut," says Barbara Rolls, Ph.D., professor of nutritional sciences at Pennsylvania State University and author of "The Volumetrics Eating Plan." "But hunger and satiety, the scientific term for that full feeling that comes after eating, are also influenced by our environment."

5. Health guidelines ignored at N.Y. Fashion Week
"The models were ‘doing a lot of vomiting,’ one janitor claims"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I eat too much. I feel gross and full afterwards. I wish I could only eat foods that made me feel full before I get too full. Maybe I should eat slower, but if I am super hungry that is kind of tough. Thoughts?

The Angry Medic said...

Good Lord. That video reminds me of some of the med students over here.

I think I'm going to go...study some more.

Great post as usual!

Anonymous said...

hope you get bettter soon...and new pants